The rules for the "One Lovely Blog Award" are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to that blog
- Share seven things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers (or as many as you can think of) who you admire
- Contact your bloggers to let them know that you've tagged them for the One Lovely Blog Award
Seven Things About Me
|Prea in north Brasil, one of my many adventurous travels|
- I love researching my family history and sharing my research with other interested family members.
- I love cooking and baking but am especially passionate about encouraging others to have a go at cooking healthy & tasty food from scratch. I share some of my inspiration at Ruth's Blog on my Foody Friday posts.
- I am a keen traveller - I have visited all continents of the world except Antarctica (oh and that's counting the America's as one - technically I have not visited North America yet) - again you can read more about my travels at Ruth's Blog - New Zealand and Ruth's Blog - Travels. I love immersing myself in other cultures.
- My Christian faith is really important to me.
- I enjoy spending my evenings with a good TV programme and a cross-stitch project in front of me.
- The history of a place, from the meaning of it's name to the geography, the history of the people who have come from it and to it, is fascinating for me. I think you can really understand the atmosphere a place carries when you look further into it's history and past.
- The community I live in is amazing!
Nominate 15 Bloggers (or as many as you can think of) Who I Admire
- Maria Hogan of Maria in the Wood - my sister-in-law, Maria, is the reason I blog, she inspired me to start blogging about my passions and the designs of my blog credit to her . . . thankyou! Plus she makes and sells some really pretty things in her shop.
- Luke Hogan of Ironclad Shipyard and Found in Praise - my husband's blogs - his art work is amazing and he inspires me!
- Julie Goucher of Angler's Rest - the inspiration behind The Book of Me, Written by You project which I have loved doing and look forward to the next project...
- Chris Paton of The British GENES Blog - he keeps me up to date with new releases of records within the UK
- All the contributors of the Worldwide Genealogy blog - it's a fantastic idea to aid genealogists from all over the world to share their inspiration, all credit goes to the creators of this blog.
- Compassion UK's blog - Compassion is a charity which I support, their work is incredible and I love being able to sponsor a special child in another country.
- Jana Last of Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog - Jana is from California and my favourite part of her blog is the Follow Friday's - Fab Finds.