Tuesday 18 March 2014

The Book of Me, Written by You - Week 28 - Parents



Each week there are prompts which require answering.






Week 28 - Parents


Ok, this post will not be going into great details as both my parents are still living, so here is a very short synopsis of my parents:
Both my parents were born and brought up in Horsforth, a small town (at the time) north of Leeds, West Yorkshire. They met through the local Baptist church and in their late teens and early 20s helped with the Boys Brigade their together. They later married at the same church after my mother finished her university degree in Hull, East Yorkshire.

They both became Secondary School teachers, my father taught Physics and my mother German and French, which was very useful when I was at school as they would regularly help me with my homework when I got stuck :)

Before I was born they moved to a small East Lancashire town which was where I grew up. They were outsiders living in Lancashire as they were both born in Yorkshire as the War of the Roses still divides these 2 large northern English counties to this very day!!! You have to cross the hills of the Pennines to get from one county to the other which remains enough of a divide today as it did 400 years earlier.


No comments:

Post a Comment